FCO Advice for Skiers & Snowboarders: Watch the Video
The FCO’s Ski Safety Tips Include
- Make sure you have travel insurance that provides cover for all of the winter sports activities you will be doing.
- Get fit. If you are not physically prepared for the activities you will be doing you are more likely to have an accident.
- Get the right equipment, including a well-fitting crash helmet and suitable clothing.
- Don't forget sunscreen. You can get sun burnt in winter, especially in the mountains.
- Follow the International Ski Federation rules and guidance.
- Make sure you have a valid European Health Insurance Card.
- Alcohol and winter sports don't mix.
Ski insurance from £15.50
Insurewithease.com can provide a great deal on travel insurance for skiing and snowboarding with Medical & Repatriation Cover up to £10 Million (including piste recovery), cover for own ski equipment and pre-booked lift passes and lessons.