When you travel abroad, the culture, religion and laws may differ wildly to those in Britain. In order to help you make the most of your holiday, our Top Tips section contains some really useful information.
Learn how to blend in abroad or haggle with local tradesmen. Find out how to get a great deal on car hire or get some great tips on travelling to music festivals abroad. We've even got tips to help you avoid holiday stress.
Read through our top tips to help you prepare for a great trip abroad.
- Top tips to prevent theft ruining your holiday
No matter where you go on holiday, even if it’s a very safe resort, theft can happen so why not take a few extra steps to reduce the risk of it happening to you.
- Flight delays: Your rights and how travel insurance can help
If your flight is delayed your airline has a duty to look after you whilst you wait at the airport, you may also be able to claim further help from your travel insurance.
- How to make a claim for compensation from your airline after a flight delay
If your flight is delayed by more than 3 hours you could be entitled to compensation from your airline of up to 600 euro per person. Find out if you are entitled and how to claim.
- Top tips for driving abroad
Top tips for driving abroad including hiring a car, taking your own car overseas and the importance of road safety.
- Travelling with Children with a Different Surname
Top tips for travelling abroad with a child who has a different surname to yourself.
- Cancelled Flights: Airline Responsibility or Travel Insurance Claim
Simple guide to your rights if your airline cancels your flights and how you can claim on your travel insurance if YOU cancel your flights.
- How to make sure you get through UK Customs
- Holiday from hell? Tips to resolve a dispute
Suffering a holiday from hell can be devastating, it not only wastes our hard earned cash, but more importantly it ruins precious leisure time with our loved ones.
- Replacing a Lost or Stolen Passport on Holiday
Useful information to help you organise emergency travel documents and make a claim on your travel insurance if you lose your passport abroad.
- 10 Ways to Save Money on your Holiday
Find out how you can save money on your holiday this summer. Including tips on car hire, airport parking, travel insurance and mobile phones.
- There's an app for that: 10 holiday apps
Don’t leave your mobile at home when you go on holiday; pack it full of useful apps to help your holiday go smoothly. Here are our favourites:
- Looking after your Money & Possessions on Holiday
Don’t become a victim of crime on holiday. Read our top tips for looking after money & personal possessions then relax & enjoy your trip.
- Top tips for keeping children safe on holiday
Taking the children on a family holiday can be the highlight of the year and these simple steps, provided by NHS Choices, can help you keep them stay safe and healthy.
- Keeping the kids happy: Top tips for a stress free family holiday
Top tips for keeping the kids entertained on holiday, including at the airport, on the plane and in resort.
- How to dress for your holiday destination
Want to avoid getting into trouble whilst you are on holiday? Here are some things to remember when packing your holiday bags.
- Travelling alone - advice for single travellers
Advice for people wanting to travel alone, including holiday ideas and ways to make new friends abroad.
- Top tips: Travelling in hurricane season
If you are planning to relax on a beach in the Caribbean or enjoy the theme parks of Florida you should be aware of when hurricane season is and how it could affect your holiday
- How to holiday with friends and not fall out
Advice for people travelling abroad with friends. How to stay friends and compromise while you are on holiday.
- How to avoid holiday stress
General tips for people travelling abroad - how to have the perfect, stress free holiday.
- Top tips to blend in with the locals
Advice for tourists on how to blend in abroad. How to abide by local laws and customs and look less like a tourist.
- How to get a great deal on car hire
Advice on how to get the best deal on car hire and avoiding unnecessary surcharges.
- Music festivals abroad
Advice for travellers attending music festivals in Europe; how to prepare and the advantages of foreign festivals.
- How to haggle and walk away with cheap souvenirs
Haggling tips for travellers wanting to buy cheap souvenirs. How to behave around stallholders in order to get great deals.
- Top tips to make your time at the airport go smoothly
Most travellers agree time spent at the airport is the worst part of their holiday. Follow our tips to make your journey go more smoothly.
- How to pack a week's worth of holiday in your hand luggage
While packing everything you need for a weekend away in your hand luggage might be easy enough, can it really be done for a weeks holiday?
- Top 10 holiday gadgets
Ten holiday gadgets which we think will make your life on holiday easier or more fun, including a solar charger and waterproof money belt.
- Photography Tips: Capturing your holiday memories
A family holiday is a great opportunity to capture some fantastic memories on camera. Here are our top tips to make those photos special.