Follow in the Footsteps of Wills and Kate
Insurewithease.com reveals the most romantic locations to get engaged.
Prince William's proposal to Kate Middleton in Kenya could inspire the romantic at heart to pop the question in an exotic destination. Leading travel insurance website, insurewithease.com has put together a list of some of the most romantic locations to get down on one knee and propose to that special someone.
Naturally the list includes Paris, the ultimate city of love, offering a host of beautiful locations for a fairytale proposal. The Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Notre Dame all offer romantic back-drops for the big moment and there's always the Champs Elysees for some ring shopping - providing the answer is yes!
Venice is another natural favourite, with a champagne gondola ride on one of the city's many canals offering a beautifully romantic location.
Across the pond, New York offers the perfect proposal destination for couples wanting to follow in the footsteps of Audrey Hepburn, and party the night away to celebrate.
Alternatively there are more exotic locations - perhaps a candle-lit proposal on a beach in Mauritius or the Seychelles, or at the Taj Mahal in India.
Sarah Findlay, Online Marketing Manager for insurewithease.com comments, “Getting engaged abroad is a magical, exciting and unique event which the couple will remember for the rest of their lives. For anyone planning a proposal abroad, the most important thing is to be relaxed and enjoy yourself, and pop the question when the moment feels right.
“There are of course a few practicalities to consider before popping the question abroad, for example - would she appreciate being proposed to in the middle of a particularly nasty bout of Delhi Belly? And would that rock of an engagement ring be covered by your travel insurance if it were to be lost or stolen?”
The insurewithease.com Top Proposal Destinations
- At the top of the Eiffel Tower - the classic romantic location
- On a tropical beach - at sunset or over a candlelit meal
- In front of the Taj Mahal - at sunrise before the crowds swarm in
- At Niagara Falls - with the sun creating a rainbow through the mist
- On a Venetian gondola - preferably with champagne in hand
- Beside the Trevi Fountain, Rome - another classic fairytale location
- On the Las Vegas Strip - a great place to celebrate her acceptance
- During a hot air balloon safari in Kenya - watching the wildlife below
- In a horse drawn carriage in Prague - sitting back, relaxing and watching the sights go by
- Rowing on the lake in Parc de la Ciutadella, Barcelona - capturing a few minutes of tranquillity in a hectic city
- On the Brooklyn Bridge, New York - amidst the hustle and bustle