Making a Travel Insurance Claim for Travel Delay
Travel delays can be stressful and exhausting. Here at insurewithease.com, we want to make it easy for you to make a claim if your holiday suffers a travel delay that was beyond control.
When making a claim for travel delay, you will need to send us your flight ticket or booking confirmation letter as proof of your holiday dates.
Making a claim for flight delays
Flight delays can be a pain and difficult to predict. You can only make a claim for flight delays under certain circumstances:
- You must have already checked in for your flight
- If your flight is delayed by more than 12 hours you can claim for extra expenses at the airport, such as food and drink
- Your flight must be delayed by 24 hours in order for you to make a claim for cancelling your holiday
- Send us a letter from the airline that outlines the details of the delay
- You'll need to send us your flight ticket as proof that you were booked on the flight
Making a claim for missed departure
Missing your departure can be a terrible start to your holiday. Here's what you can claim for and the steps you'll need to take:
- If your bus, train or UK domestic flight to the airport is delayed, ask the public transport provider to send details of the delay
To get more information on to make a claim for travel delay and how much you are covered for, please refer to your policy wording.