Families demand better airport facilities
A recent survey carried out by Skyscanner has revealed that 59% of those surveyed felt that airports didn't cater for families and a lack of facilities lead to unnecessary stress and affected overall holiday enjoyment.
Over 1000 travellers were surveyed and almost two thirds of parents felt that airports did not cater for passengers travelling with children. Long queues, lack of entertainment, long walks to departure gates, and lack of suitable food options were the main areas that they wanted to be improved.
The services that families would like likes to see offered were:
1. Soft play areas2. Kids TV/cinema area
3. Play area with toys and books for under fives
4. Dedicated security queue for adults travelling with children
5. Kids cafe and bar with complimentary refreshments
6. Bottle warming facilities
7. Video game zone
8. Staffed crèche
9. Ball pool
10. Pram rental
11. Pre order baby food service
12. Story telling
If you are planning a holiday with the kids having family travel insurance is essential. Kids under 18 go free on all single trip family policies from insurewithease.com, and you'll have the peace of mind of knowing that you are covered in the event of medical emergencies, travel delay and stolen belongings.